Nourishing families one CAN at a time.
November 18, 2009 § Leave a comment
Teams of design and construction professionals and students had only eight hours (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) to defy expectations, logic and gravity as they built fantastic sculptures from thousands of cans of food for the annual CANstruction event on Saturday, November 14 at Barton Creek Square Mall. They brought their creations to life, knowing that their structures will raise awareness about the issue of hunger and feed hungry Central Texans.
Here’s a closer look:
This year’s teams:
- Flintco Construction partnering with the UT American Society of Civil Engineers – Team Captain, Cynthia Amoles
- CJG Engineers – Team Captain, Sarah Willis
- HNTB Corporation – Team Captain, Sally Bittick
- Hardin Construction – Kristen Harrington
- Graeber, Simmons & Cowan partnering with Jaster-Quintanilla and Spaw Glass – Team Captain, Cara Sailing
- Workman Commercial Construction – Chris McMillan
- Schneider-Halls Design – Katie Marchand
The CANstructures are on display now through November 22. Swing by Barton Creek Square Mall and check them out. Don’t forget to bring a couple cans of food with you!