How to Enjoy Austin Reggae Festival Like a Pro
April 16, 2010 § Leave a comment
We’ve learned a lot from last year’s festival and have some tips for you for maximum festival enjoyment.
- Text AustinReggae to 30644 512-981-6954. We’re using text messaging to tell you about last-minute changes at the festival, and to keep our volunteers informed. We’ll also have some fun text-based games. The more you play with us, the more chances you’ll have to win some cool gear!
- Nature happens. Bring your sunscreen and stay hydrated. There’s a chance of rain, so you may want to bring some outerwear, just in case.
- We recommend you get there one hour before the gates open to score a choice location, especially if you plan to hang out for a while.
- Definitely plan to hang out for a while. Besides having some awesome headlining acts, the festival is a great place to shop, eat, and enjoy the weather. Bring your tent (max size is 10 x10), a blanket and your lawn chairs. You can bring a cooler with ice, but leave the beverages at home (sealed water bottles are allowed).
- We have some special helpful tips for volunteers too.
- Go green. Pick up your trash. Car pool, bike, walk, skip to the festival. There’s a free shuttle near Austin Music Hall to the site. For more details on how to park without ripping your dreads out, and other info about the festival, visit austinreggaefest.com
- Set up your iPod at home with a Reggae mix. Even though dogs aren’t allowed at the event, it doesn’t mean Fido can’t enjoy the rhythms while you’re gone.
- Hoops aren’t just for basketballs and ears. Bring your hula hoop. You’ll be glad you did.
- Bring cash or take advantage of the ATMs available on-site. You’ll need cash to shop and eat and to enter our Rockin’ Reggae Raffle for your chance to win great prize packages valued up to $600 each! Tickets are $1 each or six tickets for $5.
- Look for the express lane. If you purchased tickets in advance online or through Planet K locations, you can enter through the express lane.
Do you have any tips to share?
17th annual Austin Reggae Festival
4/16/10 – 4/18/10
Friday: 3 – 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 10 p.m.
Auditorium Shores (Riverside at S. 1st St)
@austinreggae and #AustinReggae on Twitter