Call Your Congressional Leaders Today!
June 7, 2010 § Leave a comment
By Wendy Heiges, Senior Director of Advocacy and Public Policy
We need your help in passing Child Nutrition Reauthorization! Now is the time to tell your member of Congress that you want them to pass a fully-funded child nutrition reauthorization bill by the end of the summer.
President Obama requested $1 billion per year in new investments in Child Nutrition Reauthorization over 10 years. With nearly a quarter of America’s children at risk, and Texas leading the nation in child hunger, total funding is needed to support vital programs to help end child hunger.
We’ve arrived at a critical moment. The Senate Agriculture Committee passed a bill in March at less than half of the President’s request for $1 billion per year. As the House Education and Labor Committee prepares to release its version of the bill, we must demonstrate our support for strong federal child nutrition programs NOW!
CALL TO ACTION:
- Call your Representative’s office in Washington, D.C.
- Ask for the staff member who works on nutrition issues. If you cannot reach that person, please leave a voice mail.
- Provide your name, city, and state.
- Explain that as a concerned citizen, you care about children at risk of hunger in your community, and you want them to be nourished while in school, after school, and during the summer months. Leaders in Congress must fully fund Child Nutrition Reauthorization by the end of the summer.
- Tell us how it went. Log your call with us online.
THE DEADLINE TO CALL IS THURSDAY, JUNE 10TH
Please contact Wendy Heiges, Senior Director of Advocacy and Public Policy (email@example.com; 512-684-2825) with any questions.
Tagged: Child Nutrition Reauthorization