Thank you for supporting CAFB during Hunger Action Month!
October 4, 2010 § 1 Comment
Here’s how central Texans made an impact during the nationwide movement to end hunger this September.
- More than 400 volunteers donated more than 1,000 hours of time to sort food, maintain the CAFB Teaching Garden, and distribute food to clients. Sign up to volunteer.
- With the help of supporters like you, CAFB met its goal for the Regal Matching Gift Challenge. Thank you, Regal Entertainment.
- Many people visited the Food Bank to get a behind-the-scenes look at food banking. CAFB offers tours several times a week. To schedule a tour, sign up here.
- On September 14, CAFB staff participated in National Call-In Day, speaking out against the use of SNAP funds to pay for the Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill. We won this brief, but very important victory! Did you make a phone call or send a letter? Tell us about your experience.
- Volunteers joined CAFB VISTAs and staff to harvest, clear and reseed the CAFB Teaching Garden. The Teaching Garden helps our Partner Agencies and clients learn how to create their own organic food gardens. Newly planted crops include broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, beets, carrots, radishes, lettuces, kale and kohlrabi. Find out more about volunteering in the CAFB Teaching Garden.
- Central Texans organized and held 23 community events in September, raising more than 33,000 meals! Find out about the exciting events coming up.
Whether you advocated, donated, volunteered or simply supported us by being part of our online community, thank you!