Ready, Set, Bag! is coming to Austin.
November 18, 2010 § Leave a comment
Ready, Set, Bag! is a documentary that celebrates the unsung hero of the grocery store world – the grocery store bagger – and showcases the talents of the best baggers in the country as they compete for the title of “Best Bagger in America.” Watch the trailer.
Through the power of social media, and Groupon, the filmmakers are raising money for food banks across the nation including CAFB!
Ready, Set Bag! is playing on Monday, Nov. 22 at Alamo Lake Creek (13729 Research Blvd., 78750) and Tuesday, Nov. 23 at Alamo Ritz (320 E 6th Street, 78701). Showtimes are 7 p.m.
Here’s how you can make an impact on hunger:
- $1 of each regular-priced ticket at the theater will go to CAFB
- Save $1 on your ticket price by bringing your donation of three non-perishable food items to the theater
- Participate in their Virtual Food Drive.
- Shop online and 10 percent of the proceeds benefit Feeding America.
- Revenue from the videos on their bliptv channel (I highly recommend the “How to Be a Good Bagger” clip) goes to Feeding America.